Install V6 on Ubuntu 22.04

Hi Team,

Trying to install V6.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 (Open source GPU with APT), but getting an error message at the Installation step-Download and add a GPG key to apt:

Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

What would be your recommendation?

Thanks,
Laurent

I am also experiencing this issue - it appears the address where you are hosting the key is password protected “https://releases.heavy.ai/GPG-KEY-heavyai

Hi @MurrMack @Laurent,

We are sorry for the problem you are facing, but it looks like it’s wrong permission on the WebServer.

I’m sending a private message with a zipped file

Anyway, it’s likely that you will face some issues on Ubuntu 22.04, because of the ldap library.
The workaround is to patch executables with patchelf command this way

$ patchelf --replace-needed libldap-2.4.so.2 libldap.so initdb
$ patchelf --replace-needed liblber-2.4.so.2 liblber.so initdb
$ patchelf --replace-needed libldap-2.4.so.2 libldap.so omnisci_server
$ patchelf --replace-needed liblber-2.4.so.2 liblber.so omnisci_server

Regards,
Candido

Thanks Candido, i was able to add the unzipped key manually [gpg --import ~/GPG-KEY-heavyai] and progress successfully with the installation :+1: No issue with the ldap library so far (using the GPU Open Source db version only).

After rebuilding my database, i have noticed that high volumes queries seem to switch from GPU to CPU more quickly than before (GPU ~ 50 to 55% then switch to CPU then crashing as out of RAM). I’ll get back in a separate thread if I can spot patterns in the logs.

Regards,
Laurent

Hi @Laurent,

You aren’t having issues probably because of the edition of the database you are using; the LDAP feature is for EE/Free Edition only.

There are some optimizations to improve the concurrency of the queries, but anything that should cause an increase in the memory consumption on the GPU/CPU side or cause the fragmentation of the caches.

Let me know if you are able to create a test case about it.

Regards,
Candido